V3.3

lalnaes

Beware that in Europe commas rather than periods are used as decimal character. European versions of Excel will separate cells with semicolons instead of commas. SkyView is therefore not able to read the user waypoints. The way around this is to edit the file using a regular text editor instead of Excel,

lalnaes

I would think Windows Notepad or the Mac equivalent would do the job. These programs do not have the option to save the file with the .csv suffic, but it might work if you in Windows Explorer change the suffix from .txt to .csv. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works.

Dynon Support, would it be possible in the the next release to allow semicolons as separators in addition to commas? That way us Europeans also could edit in Excel, which is a lot more convenient.

gerry.vandyk

Beware that in Europe commas rather than periods are used as decimal character. European versions of Excel will separate cells with semicolons instead of commas. SkyView is therefore not able to read the user waypoints. The way around this is to edit the file using a regular text editor instead of Excel,

By default Excel will use it's host computers settings for decimal and thousand separators, however it can be overridden in the excel settings. In the case of Excel 2010 go to "Options" click the "Advanced" tab and scroll down to "Use System Separator". Unclick that button and input a period for decimal, and a comma for thousands. Of course that's how it will work outside of editing waypoints too. You could also play with cell formatting. Setting your range of cells as "Text" will allow you to type with numerals and punctuation should allow you to save direct to a CSV file, ready to import to SV.
Gerry

dlps73

Hi - just installed v3.3 and now I have a Caution Light that tells me I need to perform a magnetic calibration. Do I need to do this and if I don't how do I cancel the Caution?

Thank you........Doug

preid

yep, I made mention of this above. The only way to get rid of it is to point the plane in all four directions and acquire the heading. See Response #36 from Dynon why you got that error.

dlps73

OK Redivator - when you say "point the plane in all four directions and acquire the heading". Does that need to be accurate or just to let the system know you've done something?

Cheers.......Doug

mmarien

Murray M.
If you want an accurate compass, it needs to be accurate. I believe it will takes the four directions as gospel and adjust the ADAHRS compass accordingly.

preid

OK Redivator - when you say "point the plane in all four directions and acquire the heading". Does that need to be accurate or just to let the system know you've done something?

Cheers.......Doug

Doug;
The reason for the recalibration is because 3.3 deemed it was not correctly done. If you're going to do it I would go to a compass rose and do it than. The system will figure which direction it is facing, but it is up to us to assure it is accurately done.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
To reiterate - the ADAHRS has a "factory" base calibration that will be great if your ADARHS were mounted in an absolutely perfect magnetic environment, which is practically impossible. When you do the user calibration under SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > ADAHRS CALIBRATION > COMPASS CALIBRATION, you're adjusting for the small effects of the installed location in the aircraft by pointing the aircraft magnetically N/S/E/W so that it can compensate for errors induced by bits of ferrous metal and nearby power sources in the aircraft.

The message NEED USER MAG CAL means that the above procedure hasn't been done. Even if you've been in the above menu before, if you didn't get all the way through the process, the calibration table may not have been stored. That probably accounts for some of the messages that people are seeing. For others, it's simply that the calibration hasn't ever been done. In many cases, the observed magnetic heading will basically be OK even without a user calibration. But it'll be better if you actually do go through the process.

In any case, nothing has changed in terms of the calibration that is stored and applied in your system. It's that SkyView now tells you when the user calibration hasn't been successfully performed.

trevpond

Upgraded my system today and put in the license key for my mapping. All went perfectly and quickly and everything upgraded flawlessley.

Put in the latest Pocket FMS Nav/Obs data and again what an improvement for us in the rest of the World! Even have major town names. So much better for VFR Navigation now.

regards

Trev ;D ;D ;D