Version 16.7 software released

Rhino

Received via email:

SkyView software version 16.7.0 is now available for download from the Dynon website.

This update contains improvements and fixes for SkyView systems.

See the "What's new" area on the software download page for your SkyView product for full details.

This release is for use with experimental SkyView systems only.

Rhino

New: Support for new Kavlico manifold air pressure (MAP) sensor.

Changed: ADS-B PARTIAL reception prioritized over TIS.

Changed: ADS-B NO RADAR status message updated to ADS-B PARTIAL

Changed: Access to Advanced Flight Systems' Advanced Control Module menu no longer requires an SV-EMS-220/221.

Changed: CHECK CANOPY LATCH alert default RPM is now 200 RPM.

Fixed: Software update process for SV-ADSB-472.

Fixed: Green range fill coloring on CHT and EGT widgets.

Fixed: Flight Plans no longer skip waypoints when paths have legs that double back on themselves.

Fixed: Fuel at Destination now shows destination when using external flight plan on some GPS navigators.

Fixed: AOA indicator still functions when flaps position exceeds the range of calibrated flap values.

Fixed: CPU TEMP CRITICAL alert in older SkyView displays.

jnmeade

Going through the download process, one of the screens talks to the 16.6.0 rather than the 16.7.0. Works right, just an older subject line.

Rhino

They've had typos like that in the release notes before too. They copy and paste from the last version, but forget to change the number.

Ricardo Godoy

Fiz a atualização hoje. Meu piloto automático não funcionou após a atualização... Verifiquei que os servos aparecem como não instalados na página de configuração do AP, mas como instalados na rede skyview

Rhino

Fiz a atualização hoje. Meu piloto automático não funcionou após a atualização... Verifiquei que os servos aparecem como não instalados na página de configuração do AP, mas como instalados na rede skyview
That translates to:
I did the update today. My autopilot didn't work after the update... I noticed that the servos appear as not installed on the AP configuration page, but as installed on the skyview network.

Ricardo Godoy

Dear Rhino
I tried calibrating the servos but as the servos are "not installed" in the system, the procedure does not proceed. Before the update, I did the calibration normally.

RV14_TD

Changed: Access to Advanced Flight Systems' Advanced Control Module menu no longer requires an SV-EMS-220/221.
@Dynon does it mean that the ACM no longer requires a dedicated COM port and communicates via the SV network?

skysailor

Ricardo,

You may want to consider Force Network Load. That should find the servos and you will be able to calibrate if needed.

Ricardo Godoy

Yes I did the force load On the Skyview network screen, the servos appear as normally installed. On the page where we perform the servo calibration, it shows information about servos not installed. that is the problem..

Stevec

Hi did you have everything turned on when you did the update. If the autopilot was turned off when you did the update the latest version of the software would not be loaded into the servos and they will not be recognised by the new software version. I am not sure how you would go about installing it now perhaps ask Dynon.

jnmeade

I loaded HDX on one plane the other day no sweat. Loaded it on two HDX on other plane today. Had to download both HDX 10 versions and the system chose the right one on it's own. Both displays hung up after data base load and I had to shut them off and restart. Did this on 16.6, also.
Right screen then threw a sysevent3 and told me to go to setup. New to me so I'm puzzled. Finally figured it out, went to setup, it was gray. Turned to it and it lit up, said insert USB device, I did. Nothing happened. Recycled the screen a couple of times and the Syseven3 went away.
I have that screen showing wi-fi offline. Hadn't happened before that I know of.
I guess it's flyable. Will check it out as soon as the forecast weather passes in a few days.

felix1973

CHECK CANOPY LATCH alert default RPM is now 200 RPM.
I tried to change this, since I am taxing with half open canopy in my RV12 and only want this warning to go on when the engine exceeds 3500rpm. Created the below file, loaded it and... No Change :-( Warning is still one right after engine start.

Could anybody point me to the mistake I made?

Attachments

• canopy_3500.dfg
    22 bytes · Views: 41

Rhino

Did you edit the default number setting in the existing dfg file, or did you create a new file with just this one line?

Rhino

That's the correct syntax. You might want to confirm it loaded properly under SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SOFTWARE > LOAD FILES. You might also want to confirm your canopy contact is still configured correctly under SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SENSOR SETUP > CANOPY CONTACT.

felix1973

I checked in a backup of the previous configuration file, and it was configured correctly (and worked correctly) for 3700 rpm. Any idea why my new dfg did not alter the new setting of 200rpm?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 1.59.03 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 1.59.03 PM.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 42

MikeD

@felix1973, were you able to resolve this issue? I just installed a Canopy switch sensor in an RV-6. Sensor & display works as documented but I can’t get SkyView HDX 16.7 to honor the rpm threshold before alerting. Want to taxi without alerting. Loaded new dfg file with 1750 rpm. No joy. Is this a 16.7 bug?

Last edited: