Version 4.0 upgrade failed

Andre

Hi Guys
I updated from vers. 3.0 to vers. 4.0 on the EFISD100 and the EMS120. Both upgrades showed as successfull. Green and blue DSAB wires were connected and RS232 cables disconnected from the null modem. On trying to configure the EFIS on the HS34 menu, I don't get the option to scroll up and down like the instruction says. The efis does not see the EMS which has a ? mark in front of it. I am unable to scroll down to help things along. On repeated tries at this, The Efis suddenly saw the EMS but within a minute I got a message to say that communication had been lost. I have since gone back to my vers. 3.0 backup and all is as it was before the upgrade. Some advice on what to do would be appreciated. Has anyone else had aproblem with the vers. 4.0 upgrade?

Thanks
Andre

aceflyingservice

Dynon Support,

My equipment is a EFIS D10A w/EDC and an EMS D10. The upgrade to 4.0 installed without a hitch and is working as advertised. I am looking forward to adding the HS34 and using the knobs, buttons, and voice capability. Thanks again for developing a reliable and useful product.

Roger Johnson
LongEZ N34JR

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Did you go through the DSAB configuration process? It's not clear from your post.

Andre

:)I have downloaded version 4 from your website again and gone through the entire process again.
Guess what? Everything works great. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Regards

Andre

Andre

:'(After running the panel for two hours, I received an alarm which said "network configuration error".
I then tried to reconfigure under the DSAB menu and receive the message "DSAB could not be configured" "error code 2" "Contact Dynon Support". The funny part is that under version 3 with the RS232 leads connected I have not had a problem. What do you suggest I do?

Regards

Andre

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Andrew - I think you've called in - we'll continue to work on your issue with you directly.