Version 5.1

URI

I would like to know how to upgrade from v 3.3 to v 5.1. It seems not possible unless I have v4

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As the downloads page says:

Use Method 1 if all of the following are true:

You live in either the US or Western Europe.
Your SkyView system already has version 4.0 or greater on it..
You have not created any custom engine sensor definition via a custom .SFG file.

Use Method 2 if any of the above statements are not true, or, if you are a technically-minded customer who prefers to to dive into the details.

Click on mehod 2 on the downloads page and it will show you how to go right from 3.3 to 5.1.

URI

We tried already that method 2 but it doesn't work we are still on v 3.3 . Any more help available?

DonFromTX

I love flying!
I am about to embark on that same trip, but the instructions seem quite intimidating.  Any helpful hints from anybody? (I am at version 3.2.2.987)

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Lacking good sense or good guidance, I did the 5.1 upgrade! Downloaded it, transferred it to the Dynon flash drive, and then to the Skyview. Getting it to download to the Skyview was confusing, finally punched enough buttons that it started downloading. Great news is that I have Hardware Group 1, and therefore I don't have to pull it and send it off for the upgrade.

Don_Jack

I love flying!
I downloaded 5.1 from the Dynon website (currently have 5.0 installed), put it in the planes USB, and nothing. The on board Skyview system doesn't recognize the USB (Dynon Original).

When I put it back into the PC for a clue, it now says it can't regonize the file format, and only option given is to format the USB.

Anyone got any clues?

skysailor

You have to press buttons 7 & 8 simultaneously to enter Setup. Once there navigate to the update menu. If you do not enter Setup the Skyview will not look at the system files on the drive. It is only expecting to use it for flight plans unless in Setup mode.

keye

I downloaded 5.1 from the Dynon website (currently have 5.0 installed), put it in the planes USB, and nothing.  The on board Skyview system doesn't recognize the USB (Dynon Original).

When I put it back into the PC for a clue, it now says it can't regonize the file format, and only option given is to format the USB.

Anyone got any clues?

Sounds like the drive got corrupted somehow. I would reformat it, reload the update file from Dynon's website, and try again. Make sure that you eject the drive from your computer before unplugging it.

URI

I've tried again the upgrade and worked ok directly from 3.3 to 5.1 using method 2. I also downloaded and installed obstacle and aviation data from Jepessen for Europe. All installed without any problems. It looks great on the ground. Waiting to try it flying.
Thank you your help