Vertical guidance

aubreypric

I am running the D100 with AvMap. I can setup CDI and glideslope but only get CDI. The AvMap shows vertical guidance to the runway, but nothing on the D100. Any ideas.

Aubrey
N600AP
RV7A

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The only portables that we know of that output their vertical guidance in their data output are the Garmin 396 and 496. If AvMap outputted that data in the same format, it would be displayed.

aubreypric

I have talked to AVMAP I quote"Do you happen to know what NMEA sentence is used to indicate this data? I have forwarded your request to our product manager in Italy, but if you had this info I could check the AvMaps ability to export this type of data." Could you provide this? AVMAP would like to work with Dynon to solve this problem.

Aubrey Price
N600AP

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There is no NMEA sentence to send it out, especially since NMEA is designed for boats, which tend to stay somewhat level and close to the surface ;)

The X96's send it out in a special format, but we were able to figure it out, so we can read it. Best way to get AvMap to support it is to get them to reverse engineer the 396/496 sentence and then send out the same thing.

Etienne

If I wanted to use the vertical guidance data from a 396/496 with the auto pilot, would I need to use an AP-76, or even an HS-34, or does a standard D-100 interpret this extra information directly?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
All vertical navigation will require the AP-76. This is kind of a "key" that enables this functionality.

You don't need an HS34. You can wire the x96 right to the EFIS. You can display vertical nav without any other hardware today, but to fly it with the AP will require the 76.