vertically oriented efis?

thanks in advance, Ray

Attachments

• Dynon.JPG
    Dynon.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 129

PhantomPholly

Hey - nice mockup!

That arrangement would also be good for full-screen moving map (since we are most concerned with what is up ahead).

Thomas_Schaad

I like it! What I most like, is having the compass rose moved to the center. I would appreciate if that comes eventually also to the actual family. I have two D10A stacked, the ADI above, the HSI underneath and it definitly would look better and allow an easier scann, having the rose in the center.

Merry Christmas to all of you! Kind regards

Thomas ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The next generation will continue to be landscape-only. However, the PDF pages will be vertically oriented, like most other products are these days, with the HSI beneath the attitude indicator.

By the way, a large part of deciding to continue down this path in terms of screen orientation is the availability of screens with the right brightness, visible at the right angles, for a price which lets us keep our products "Dynon-priced".

PhantomPholly

The next generation will continue to be landscape-only. However, the PDF pages will be vertically oriented, like most other products are these days, with the HSI beneath the attitude indicator.

By the way, a large part of deciding to continue down this path in terms of screen orientation is the availability of screens with the right brightness, visible at the right angles, for a price which lets us keep our products "Dynon-priced".

Ok, I'll stick my neck out with a silly question...

Why not just use the same screen and have a software option to have it display vertically instead of horizontally? The only drawback I can think of is that you would have to have the button text "rotated" (displayed vertically) next to each button rather than horizontally above the button...

Canajun59

Thanks for saying it, that was my thought as well when posting. Just really like the look, layout, and function of the vertical units, and thought it would be graphics changes only....Ray

Edit, not sure I would even be too concerned with turning the data labels ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Phantom,

As we said, the screens we have don't look good when viewed from "below". When you put a unit sideways, "below" becomes "left" or "right." So while we could do the software, the end result would not be acceptable.

Garmin tried this with the G600 and it took them a very long time to source a screen that works sideways.