Video adapter help

lancair360

Hello all,

Spoken with Dynon already about this and they are stumped, reaching out to the group. Bought their video adapter to add taxi camera to the plane. Test fitting stuff and making sure it works I found that the video adapter doesn't appear to be recognized by the screen.

D700 Skyview Classic. Post 4000 serial number (this matters)

Brand new video adapter from Dynon. Install manual says blue light on the adapter will turn on (it does) and even with no video signal you should be able to press "tools" then "video" and at least get a blue screen. I don't even get the "video" option under tool.

Thoughts?

lancair360

UPDATE

Stumped the folks at Dynon, everything done correct. Sending the adapter back for testing and possible replacment. Will be extra frustrated if it works for them! See what shakes out.

lancair360

UPDATE

Received new video adapter from Dynon, also does not work. Support contacted. Probably just return it and abandon the taxi-cam project.

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
I have a system with two D1000 Skyview classic screens, one old regular one and a newer touch one. I have a video adapter and it had, according to the version number, be installed on the touch screen. I have installed it and after installation the video option appeared under tool and I will get the expected 'blue screen' when it is selected. Note that the video adapter has to be installed before the Dynon display is powered on, the video adapter is only detected upon power up. Installing the video adapter later (once the display is powered) does not lead to the detection and the appearance of the video option.

PYoder

I bought one - installed on HDX screen - used setup as instructions directed - worked fine.

lancair360

Yeah I did everything tech and engineers at Dynon sugessted in addition to the install manual. Also tried different USB cables and USB ports. It's an older Skyview classic but still post-4000 serial number required for this to work.

Rhino

Any chance there's someone nearby with another Dynon system you could hook it up to for testing purposes? Should be helpful to at least narrow down the problem, especially considering you already tried a new adapter.

lancair360

Any chance there's someone nearby with another Dynon system you could hook it up to for testing purposes? Should be helpful to at least narrow down the problem, especially considering you already tried a new adapter.
I'll keep an eye out, neighbor's RV is at another airport. That's the only one I have access to. But it would verify it's the Dynon and not the adapter.

lancair360

Update. Video adapter replaced with new form Dynon. Still doesn’t work. One thing to check based on their recommendation then shelve the project for another time.

TRCsmith

Installed mine this week. cut the red connector off and added longer wires to 12 v battery, plugged the yellow connector to the adapter fired it up set the system to "NTSC Composit" and pressed "Accept". It's a 6 dollar camera but for what I'll use it for works fine.
I did have to sent my unit to Dynon because I have a pre 4000 SN. They upgraded the unit to a post 4000.

lancair360

Hauled mine out last winter and tried again, still doesn’t work, the screens don’t even recognize there’s something plugged in even though the adapter is powered. I should at least be able to select video and get a blue screen. No go.