VNAV and Pseudo RNAV Approach

MaydayMayday

I have the SV and a Garmin GTN-650 that I am just now learning how to integrate together.

When using the SkyView as the nav source is there a way to add altitudes at certain waypoints and then use VNAV to fly down to that altitude?

If that is not possible then I presume that I would need to build a flight plan in the GTN and then use the GTN for VNAV. Can someone please describe how the VNAV will appear on the SV and I presume the HITS would show the descent and level off at the intermediate altitudes...or is there a video somewhere?

The next question is...at my home airport there is no instrument approach procedure so can someone please tell me how to design my own Pseudo RNAV Approach? I would not use it in IMC but this airport is very remote and it is super dark at night so if I can design the "approach" to fly down the valley and cross the FAF at a certain altitude and a 3 degree glide path to the runway that would be very helpful for CFIT avoidance.

THANKS!!!

kellym

I love flying!
I have the SV and a Garmin GTN-650 that I am just now learning how to integrate together.

When using the SkyView as the nav source is there a way to add altitudes at certain waypoints and then use VNAV to fly down to that altitude?

If that is not possible then I presume that I would need to build a flight plan in the GTN and then use the GTN for VNAV. Can someone please describe how the VNAV will appear on the SV and I presume the HITS would show the descent and level off at the intermediate altitudes...or is there a video somewhere?

The next question is...at my home airport there is no instrument approach procedure so can someone please tell me how to design my own Pseudo RNAV Approach? I would not use it in IMC but this airport is very remote and it is super dark at night so if I can design the "approach" to fly down the valley and cross the FAF at a certain altitude and a 3 degree glide path to the runway that would be very helpful for CFIT avoidance.

THANKS!!!
The Garmin vertical guidance, whether ILS, LPV or LNAV/VNAV or visual approach shows as a glide slope needle on the right side of your Dynon HSI. Garmin has visual approach guidance for most public use airports. However, I would sure fly multiple times in Day VFR before considering it at night. I don't pay attention to what the HITS is showing, so can't tell you that. I use the altitude bug for the Dynon for stepdowns, since I have the knob panel.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Not yet, but it's currently slated for one of next 16.x releases. It was supposed to be in 16.0, but didn't make the cut.