VP-X Sport

Roger_Peterson

Flying, Fishing and Float Flying
I have just connected my VPX Sport. When I go to the VP-X page, it displays all the outputs for J8 which is on the Pro only.
How do I get them to go away and display only my outputs.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We query the VP-X and ask it which outputs it has, and which one are configured as active and in use. We then display only the ones marked as in use. There is no configuration on the SkyView side, we just do what the VP-X tells us to.

I'd say the first thing to do is make sure you have run the VP-X configurator and set it up correctly. If it's still showing outputs that you don't have any way to configure and turn off, you'll need to call Vertical Power and ask them how to get it configured right. They have a SkyView at their office so they should be able to help you out.

jakej

Roger

Go to Systems Settings, VP-X website, & scroll to bottom of page then click on VP-X Sport that will disable the J8 pins.

HTH

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Vertical Power has tried this at their office and has re-created it. They claim it's Dynon's issue, not theirs, so now we need to look at it. However, Vertical Power has been busy with Sun N Fun and their new product announcements, so they hasn't yet sent us a VP-X sport to test out and we can't do anything until then. Please contact them and request that they expedite that so we can figure out what the issue is.

We have a VP-X pro that we do all our design and testing against because it's supposed to be a superset of the VP-X sport, but clearly something is up.

jakej

Don't understand. I have it running on Skyview and configured. What could I do on the website to change that.

Hi Roger

From your post of 9th I thought that you hadn't set up the VP-X properly but now understand the Dynon is displaying J8 connections despite the VP-x Sport not having them available, I haven't installed any Sport versions so could not 'see' what you are seeing.

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We got a VP-X Sport from Vertical Power today and have verified that it is their bug, not ours. Please contact them for a firmware update to resolve this issue.

Sorry for the back and forth and delay on this one, it's a bit harder working with an outside company. They were convinced before today that it was our software, not theirs, so we were waiting to get the hardware to test with. But we're sure we know what's going on now, and it is an issue in the Sport software, not the Dynon software.