Weight and Balance

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Playing around yesterday, I pulled up the weight and balance portion and entered a lot of information. Anxious to see it in use I found it does not show up when trying per per the V15 user manual. Does it have to be "turned on" someplace?

KKleinholz

I love flying!
The Weight & Balance feature does not have to be "turned on." However, you must enter valid information for all 5 setup items in system setup.

Users commonly enter the first 3 items -- Empty Weight, Empty Arm, Empty Moment -- and most enter more than one Station.

CG limits can be the most confusing. Depending on the Weight & Balance chart for your aircraft, you may need to put in more than two CG Limit points. But a minimum of 2 points is required for the Weight & Balance calculations to function.

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Thanks, that was the problem, I am getting it there.

The Weight & Balance feature does not have to be "turned on."  However, you must enter valid information for all 5 setup items  in system setup. 

Users commonly enter the first 3 items -- Empty Weight, Empty Arm, Empty Moment -- and most enter more than one Station.

CG limits can be the most confusing.  Depending on the Weight & Balance chart for your aircraft, you may need to put in more than two CG Limit points.  But a minimum of 2 points is required for the Weight & Balance calculations to function.

cuhlik

I love flying!
I've got all the empty and stations set up and working, but I don't understand how the limits are specified.  The setup screen asks for weight *and* arm limits.  I understand the CG position range and can put in the forward and rearward limits into the arm values.  But what are the corresponding weight values supposed to be?  I've tried reversing the order of the forward and rearward limits.  I've tried putting in empty weight and max gross weights for the weight limits.  While the calculator displays the correct CG position, it displays in RED suggesting it thinks the CG is out of bounds.

See attached picture. 

CG is correctly calculated at 108.2" aft of the datum line which is between the limits I specified as
CG LIMIT 1: WEIGHT 1700, ARM 107.8
CG LIMIT 2: WEIGHT 2700, ARM 116.2