What is this map page symbol?

GalinHdz

This symbol started showing up on my SkyView Map page and I can't find what it means. 🤔

Unknown Symbol.jpg

I hope it doesn't mean I have been cleared to land on Saturn. 🙃

Last edited:

RV8JD

That's a PIREPS symbol. Specifically, that PIREPS symbol means no turbulence. Touch it or select it to get full report details. See page 7-75 and 7-76 of the "SkyView Classic / Touch Pilot’s User Guide – Revision AH" for the different types and the info provided by them.

You can turn them ON or OFF by going to MAP > MAP MENU> WEATHER OPTIONS.

PIREPS were added in v16.0.1 on 2/1/2021.

Last edited:

swatson999

You should download the manuals and read at least the change log for each version. These and many other items are usually called out in the change logs.

GalinHdz

You should download the manuals and read at least the change log for each version. These and many other items are usually called out in the change logs.
The question was asked and answered so condescending comments, after the fact, are uncalled for. 🙃

Last edited:

jnmeade

I read the "you" as an indefinite person, not the second person. Swatson999 might have phrased it as "we all should..." I didn't see "you" as being aimed at any one specific person.
I will concur in the notion that is is a good idea for us all to download and read manual updates.