When powered on screens flips over

s45bird

Hello,

I just installed my D180. Not all wired are connected yet but when I power it on, the EFIS Screen flips over (like if I were flying upside down). What can cause that?

Thanks,

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Is just the horizon upside down or is the whole image upside down?

Is it showing any airspeed?

It doesn't really matter though, if it's not showing an accurate horizon, it probably needs to come back. Give us a call or shoot us an email for an RMA.

s45bird

Can I try to restore my previous backup and reinstall the update after that? I have noticed that this issue happened just after my last update.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can try, but I don't think it'll yield positive results. Even if it does, we'll need to investigate why an upgrade is causing that sort of issue, because it shouldn't be possible.

If it's the whole screen, including words/numbers/etc, then it's a screen hardware issue. Again, it sounds like we'll need to take a look at it here.

s45bird

Hello,

I made more tests and only the horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) flips over. All the other infos are correctly indicated (speed, VSI, altitude, etc.) and are readable (not upside down).

I roll back to version 4, updated to version 5.1.1, unplugged everything (even the remote compass) with no success. Could a wrong configuration make this happens?

Is there a way to put back all factory settings?

Thank you,

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Can you send a picture of what you're seeing to support@dynonavionics.com?

s45bird

This picture has been taken just after booting.

Attachments

• EFIS_flips_over.jpg
    EFIS_flips_over.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 143

RotaryLancair

Wow! what is going on with your engine MAP and temp readings? The temps should all be the same if the engine has not started and the Map and the alt should match???

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We'll need to see that unit. Something in the AHRS (the attitude sensor module) has failed. If you have loaded a backup and the same thing still occurs, it's clearly a hardware failure, since putting a backup on moves every last bit in the unit back to where it was.

Give us a call or an email and we can get a return set up. Sorry for the problems.