Where did it go?

n97kd

I love flying!
I have dual SkyView Classic screens, 10 inch and 7 inch. I used to have a box in the lower left corner of the map page that was for ADSB Status, It gave info on status of Next Rad and age of display. The box in no longer there. Where did it go?
Secondly, there is a box on the right side of the map page about mid way up from the bottom with just dashed lines. What is it for?

Thanks for any insight

Don

RV8JD

Regarding your first question: SW version v16.0.1 added Lightning to the Radar Data Box. Because of that added line in the data box, there is not enough room to display the Radar Data Box if you have INFO ITEM LEFT 4 set to other than OFF. If you set INFO ITEM LEFT 4 to OFF, the Radar Data Box will show. This a bug that was introduced with v16.0.1 and has not been fixed in any of the subsequent updates through the latest, v16.4.4.

In the pic below of my SV Touch, I set INFO ITEM LEFT 4 to OFF and the Radar Data Block shows:

i-Pc8bBqZ-L.jpg

See this thread for more info:

Regarding your second question: That is the Airspace Proximity INFO ITEM data block and shows the airplane's proximity to airspace. See page 7-18 "Airspace Proximity" of the "SkyView Classic / Touch Pilot’s User Guide – Revision AH" for more info.

As an example, the screenshot below shows that I am inside an MOA, and that there is a Warning Area 2 minutes ahead. (As a side note, the screenshot was taken prior to v16.0.1 and before Lightning was added to the Radar Data Box. Note that the Radar Data Box shows even though INFO ITEM LEFT 4 is set to NEXT CRS and not OFF.)

i-GDbT3Pm-L.png

Last edited:

n97kd

I love flying!
Great information. Funny, I turned off Info item 5 thinking that was the issue. I didn't try item 4. I had recently added info boxes not realizing one would block out the Status box.

thanks!