Where do you go for a pitot/static/txp check?

PYoder

Looking for a shop familiar & experienced with HDX to do my first check since install. Don’t want to have to watch the ‘learning curve’ of a shop that has no experience with HDX. Located in Ohio but willing to travel.

Brent Dana

Anybody can do it, and in your book you carry in the plane, it explains that they need to turn it on and off thruout the test. But is the same as any other system.

look under pitot static check. Lol

Raymo

I love aviation!
Agree that any shop can do the test. Some will test the entire system from static port(s) to transponder/encoder. Others will tap into the line that goes into the AD-AHRS and bypass the rest of the system. I'm sure you can tell which is going to be better. Also, be sure to put the system in test mode prior to starting the test.

If you have dual AD-AHRS, both should need to be tested independently.

Pilotkms

I love flying!
Just had my Skyview Dual ADAHRS done last week. Check the latest install manual. It advises to enter TEST MODE and i did. Both ADAHRS then display on the Primary EFIS. And both done at the same time. No turning on & off was required. That may have been old process, not sure. This was the 3rd test for my plane and at a different shop each time.
My advice - Do not leave the plane while this test is being done. On 2 occasions me being there prevented the tech from potentially going off on a tangent ($$$). They do a lot of different systems so i dont expect them to know the Dynon system without reference to docs and my info on my system. I also think key to the test is the initial setup. The tech had issues with driving the altitude to Neg 1,000’. Did i have a leak in the system? No, his suction cup on my static port didnt seal well. Took him a few tries. This year‘s test went to 20,000‘ no problems. Last test the tech could only get it to 16,000’. Did it miraculousy improve - doubt it. I think his equipment wasnt setup right. Not going to 16K so that was fine. Glad to know my system hasnt degraded and is good to 20,000’.