White Vertical line on all screens

Jenson

We have a D180 with version 4.0 firmware. The unit is only a few months old. Just recently a 2mm thick white line has appeared about 30mm from the left hand side of the screen stretching from top to bottom of the display. This line is on all screens including the very first boot screen. The unit works in all other respects. What can we do to remove the line?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Unfortunately, that sounds like a physical defect in the screen. We'll need to see the unit here to fix it for you. Call us at 425-402-0433 for further assistance.

Bo_Hannington

My D180 has started having this white line vertically on all screens. See attached pic. It is intermittent, not always present, but always in the same place on the screen when it is there.
Can you please tell me if previously this display fault was a connection issue (which I could possibly fix), or if it was a chip or intenal display fault?
Bo hannington

Attachments

• D180_white_line_on_screen.JPG
    D180_white_line_on_screen.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 126

Bo_Hannington

My D180 has started having this white line vertically on all screens. See attached pic. It is intermittent, not always present, but always in the same place on the screen when it is there.
Can you please tell me if previously this display fault was a connection issue (which I could possibly fix), or if it was a chip or intenal display fault?
Bo Hannington

Attachments

• D180_white_line_on_screen_001.JPG
    D180_white_line_on_screen_001.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 127

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's an internal hardware problem for sure (which you can't fix, unfortunately). Give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 or an email at support at dynonavionics dot com