Wifi API?

bobl_51

I love flying!
In the spirit of experimental aviation, I wonder if Dynon would consider publishing their API specs for the information shareable over Wifi? Similar to publishing the details of the various log serial output formats.

There are a number of us pilots who have the development skills to create our own apps or embedded devices that could make use of it. Not to mention the various established app vendors who seem to be clamoring for it.
Dynon's documentation is well-written;an appendix to the installation manual or a page on the wiki would be much appreciated.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's definitely the sort of thing we'd consider doing - we like seeing what experimental folks will do with the tools we build. All that said, we can't make any promises at the moment.

vlittle

At the very least, provide the equivalent of the serial data streams. I also will repeat my request to be able to send text or binary files from the USB Out the serial ports and now wi-fi to configure external devices.

This would have been a huge benefit when I developed my remote AoA indicator, stick shaker and auto-trim controls for Dynon's systems.

If I was really crazy, I would want to develop apps for SkyView displays, particularly your engine instrument display. Call me crazy. I have prototyped a unique engine instrument display that would give Dynon a competitive advantage, but does not make sense as a stand-alone instrument.

Vern