WiFi inactive after cutting/restorin power to SV ?

spgreen@gmx.net

I love flying!
I have SV1000T and Dynon WiFi dongle (I connect from SkyDemon on Android). Works nicely normally. Today, whilst on the ground with the SV1000T switched on, I pulled the circuit breaker to cut power to the SV. As expected SV shows a message indicating power loss and I chose the 'STAY ON' option. A couple of minutes later I put the circuit breaker in again. After that I could not connect to the WiFi again. My mobile phone indicated 'Very Strong' signal strength but gave a message about 'being ready to connect once the network quality improves'. Disconnecting and reconnecting the SV wifi dongle didnt help. Is that expected behaviour or should it recover ?

AlanR

I had a similar situation last week. (Pocketfms EasyVFR on Ipad).Normally F/plan transfer is instant and I never have any problem transfering a F/plan.
However I had to power down for another reason and then after re start when trying to transfer F/plan from Ipad to Skyview I got a message 'waiting for Skyview' on Ipad and then another Ipad message 'unable to locate Skyview'.
This went on for some 15-20minutes until as if by magic I got a message saying 'Transfer F/plan to Skyview'. All was then ok with F/plan immediately transfered as normal.
Very strange, it was as if the Dynon Wi-fi dongle/s had just stopped working...

tomkk

RV-12 ELSA
I've been having a similar problem with FltPlan GO. I've been thinking it was a it was a FPG problem but maybe not ... (D1000T w/ v15 & latest version of Android FPG)

GalinHdz

I've been having a similar problem with FltPlan GO. I've been thinking it was a it was a FPG problem but maybe not ... (D1000T w/ v15 & latest version of Android FPG)
With FltPlanGo on Android it shows the tablet is connected to the SkyView WIFI but no data on the app.
:cool:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I haven't done any testing at this point, but the SkyView wi-fi host should automatically self-recover after power cycles. It would be interesting to know what SkyView's wi-fi status page says when you're in this state. Also, did you by chance try disconnecting and reconnecting the tablet and/or app's connection? They may not be perfectly reconnecting.

spgreen@gmx.net

I love flying!
I got the problem again today. I did try the disconnect/reconnect of the tablet, which did not help. I guess I'll try to look at the wifi status screen next time. Sometimes it works ok.