Yaw Damper

ljbuller

I was working on a data decode program using the skyview 3.2 adahrs and ems serial outputs.  I see that you have sytem outputs for yaw force.  Are you working on a yaw damper?

right now I have a decoder to take the adahrs and ems outputs (text file captured with a laptop using hyperterm) for a 4cyl lycoming with dynon suggested pinouts and creates a formatted csv file suitable for exel.

If anyone is interested in a free copy, email me.  I may change it into fully configurable program if there is enough interest.  

That said, it is a pain working with a laptop in the cockpit.  the display is so weak that it is almost impossible to find the mouse to make the laptop work.  Does any one have a suggestion for a better capture device for the serial data?

Would Dynon be interested in supplying the format for the data directly outputted from the skyview on the thumb drive?  I can write the program to decode it if I have the variable types and order.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There isn't a yaw damper in development, but we wanted to make sure the format supports it in case we ever do have one.

We'll have a customer-consumable datalogging internal datalogging scheme available in one of the next couple of software versions. The current datalogging feature is meant for our own developer debugging purposes only.

doctorlyon

A yaw damper would be a great addition. I am building a duel skyview system with dual axis autopilot in a Searey LSX amphib and the roll servo is being installed on the rudder controls because there is significant adverse yaw characteristics if the roll servo controls the ailerons.

Hiperflyer2

I love flying!
Hey Dynon, I love the SV 1000s and the A/P but I would really like to see a Yaw Damper system to complete the package.
I think this would be a great addition to the already outstanding line of products you provide.
Does anyone else want to see this ?

DJA767

I love flying!
I would love to see a yam damper option. I have a motor glider with significant adverse yaw. I'd hate to buy one from Tru Trak. Not that they are a bad company, but Dynon products are the best. Should I wait to see if anything is around the corner?