Yaw Damper

DJA767

I love flying!
I just installed the Dynon 2 axis autopilot in my Europa long wing aircraft (motor glider). It works great, except that it is screaming for a yaw damper. The adverse yaw is quite substantial, so having a yaw damper would allows the sensitivity of the roll control to be set higher for more precise flying, especially in turbulence.
Dynon doesn't have the Y/D option now. It looks like the Tru Trak yaw damper would work, but there would have to be separate gyros and control.
What would be the chances that Dynon will come out with a yaw damper capability any time soon? I'm wondering if it might be worth waiting for that, rather than adding more equipment from Tru Trak to an all Dynon avionics setup. Would the sensing ability of the Tru Trak system exceed the ability of a future Dynon yaw damper?

Thanks

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's definitely a possibility. We know some of you out there would love to have one. We don't currently have anything to announce though, and generally don't comment on possible future products until they're about ready to ship, as plans can always change and we don't like to break promises to you guys.

DJA767

I love flying!
I'm willing to wait before I go to another manufacturer option. I'd like to stick with Dynon. Your products are exceptional.