Zaon Traffic Data

thibault

Dynon Support,

Just added the Zaon XRX wiring to bring traffic into Skyview. Everything works as advertised on Skyview. This connection is in parallel with a Bluetooth connection to my tablet. Data is correctly arriving at the Tablet also.

In the setup to use on Skyview, you set the Zaon Communications output to "Garmin". Unfortunately this prevents the simultaneous display of data to Flightprep Chartcase on my tablet computer, because Chartcase only recognizes "Profile 1" outputs.

I surveyed the field of other EFIS devices that can integrate with Zaon and there is no overriding favorite for comm among them. Profile 1, Profile 2, and Garmin are all used by one or more. Profile 1 seems slightly more popular.

Any chance that Skyview could be modified to accept Garmin and Profile 1 (or all three)?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
At the moment, we don't have any plans to support any of the other formats, as the TIS format has worked for everyone so far. We'll put it on the request list, but I'm not sure it'll meet the threshold of interest that we'd need to justify supporting those formats.