Brad Thurow

JohnAJohnson

I love flying!
Got the email today. "leads the team that develops the Dynon product line, which spans avionics for experimental amateur-built, light sport, and type-certificated aircraft.".

Hopefully Brad's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priorities are to add aircraft to the autopilot AML - we really need some good news regarding that effort. No announcement at SnF, and hoping there might be one at Oshkosh.

Corefile

Got the email today. "leads the team that develops the Dynon product line, which spans avionics for experimental amateur-built, light sport, and type-certificated aircraft.".

Hopefully Brad's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priorities are to add aircraft to the autopilot AML - we really need some good news regarding that effort. No announcement at SnF, and hoping there might be one at Oshkosh.
Don’t hold your breath - the form to add your plane to the list for autopilot that they called out in their SnF virtual booth video does not even work - at least if you choose Cessna - did not test for others.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Don’t hold your breath - the form to add your plane to the list for autopilot that they called out in their SnF virtual booth video does not even work - at least if you choose Cessna - did not test for others.

Which form doesn't work? We REALLY care about getting that sort of data, so if we broke one, it's definitely unintentional.

Corefile

Which form doesn't work? We REALLY care about getting that sort of data, so if we broke one, it's definitely unintentional.
Go to your certified page at https://www.dynoncertified.com/ and the button at the top “ADD MY PLANE” - it opens a Google Form to fill out your info to add your airplane to the list - try and go through the whole form and add a Cessna 180. On the 3rd page you have to pic your series, it list like 30 Cessna series (120, 140, 150, 170, 172, 180, 182, 185, etc (I can’t rember the exact list, but it’s a long list of Cessna series) ) , so for example mine is a 1962 180, so I choose the 180 drop down and pick 1962 180E. But you can’t go to the next page, cause you guys configured the form so that each series is REQUIRED. So you have to go through every single Cessna series and pick a model to go to the next page - so it looks like I own 30 Cessna - one of every series Cessna made…(ok not really every one Cessna made, but you have to pick one of every Cessna series listed in the form)

Last edited:

sgree02

Same here, I'm trying to add a '57 H35 but I can't get past the screen where I confirm model unless I claim that it's a 33, 35, 36 & Debonair.

Brent Dana

How interesting another older 35, wow! Or your other option is a 30k piece of crap stec auto pilot, unlike the 36 models that have a list to choose from. Where have I heard this before? Oh yea, we need a meeting thread…..sarcasm is just pent up frustration

Cesar

hello good day guys, i need to know if gps 172 is compatible with Dynon HDX 1100, this navigator is necessary to do RNAV, thank you very much for your answer

Raymo

I love aviation!
hello good day guys, i need to know if gps 172 is compatible with Dynon HDX 1100, this navigator is necessary to do RNAV, thank you very much for your answer
I think you mean the Garmin GPS-175, which is compatible when paired with the Dynon ARINV-429 box. Documentation is still in the works, I think. Others have installed it and posted information on the forum, for which you can search.

Cesar

I think you mean the Garmin GPS-175, which is compatible when paired with the Dynon ARINV-429 box. Documentation is still in the works, I think. Others have installed it and posted information on the forum, for which you can search.
Many thanks guy I”ll send This información to my CMA

Cesar

Ok Raymo good information ,many thanks

Leonard

Just in case you guys are wondering why so few Bonanza owners fill up the survey form.. it is definitely not a lack of interest.. rather, it's impossible to complete the form. When it reaches the part which we are supposed to select model.. it will insist we select every field. How can we be a Debonair, Bonanza 33, Bonanza 35, and Bonanza 36 all at the same time?

Cesar

It will be possible to see the active satellites on the screen or at least be able to see them quickly to know how many we have available for rnav gnss operation, thanks for the answer (s)

Raymo

I love aviation!
It will be possible to see the active satellites on the screen or at least be able to see them quickly to know how many we have available for rnav gnss operation, thanks for the answer (s)
Yes, you can see the number of satellites by entering setup > Local Display > GPS fix status page

RV8JD

Not sure about the Dynon Certified stuff, but for the Experimental folks, it looks like this:

i-b78swh3-M.png

Some information from the Experimental SkyView Installation Guide on acceptable Sat reception performance:

i-XsCbmbZ-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Corefile

Would be better to start a new thread that is on that subject vs posting within a thread for a different topic