5.5.0 Upgrade

JohnWF

I did the dirty deed this morning. Firmware saved, and support program run. All went well even if it takes a bit.

Then I flew. When flying 90-degrees to course enabled AP and the plane smoothly turned to course without overshoot and stayed there with NO dropout. Then dropped that flt plan and did another 90-degree turn with a new course 180-degrees from the first one. Plane and A/P locked on, flew accurately with no drop out. All PERFECT.

Thanks, Dynon. Persistence surely pays !!

rngaines

Does this upgrade address some heading wandering or wallowing? In the past mine worked well but now is wandering in HDG, TRK and NAV. I don't think anything has changed in the airplane except it is now trimmed for wing level flying. Any ideas.

Richard

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Nothing performance-wise has changed with this release, but, are you saying that 5.5 changed something over 5.4.3?

As for tuning, the SkyView Autopilot In-Flight Tuning Guide will give you a good idea about the way the settings affect performance, even though the exact settings in SkyView are different than in your D10/D100 series.

rngaines

I have not yet installed 5.5. I have an RV12 and will need Van's setting before I can install. I don't remember exactly when the HDG and other nav sources went wrong. I have put the sensitivity all the way up and is still is wandering. I don't know anything else that has changed on the aircraft.

Richard

led

Hi Richard,

If you had settings working and performance changed over time, and you are not getting any roll servo slips,
two things to check are:

• Slop between the ailerons and the servo,
  • If the wandeing is in HDG and NAV but not TRK, check the compass calibration.