ADAHRS attach hardware

JurgenRoeland

Hi, I'm new to dynon, got all my hardware and starting to install my skyview system. The manual says to install brass hardware on the adahrs box installation. I could find brass screws on aircraftspruce but I have been looking like crazy for brass nuts and washers but can't find them. How did you guys install the adahrs box to the vans rv7 adahrs tray ? If somebody could provide me a link of some appropriate hardware or some numbers I would be very gratefull. thanks in advance, Jurgen

Stevec

Not sure where you are but your local hardware store would be a good place to look. I bought mine from Home Dep in the USA but they should not be hard to find. They are not structural so dont need to be sourced from aviation supply.

Albee

Yes, the weakest screw you should be able to find in that diameter should be WAY stronger than required to those little boxes. I found mine on Amazon. It was the non-magnetic screwdriver I struggled to find. Came close to making one from a scrap of 2024 before I found one sold for MRI maintenance. In hindsight I should have made one and saved the money. I did make an aluminum open-end wrench.

jerry@gcotter.com

I love flying!
Hi, I'm new to dynon, got all my hardware and starting to install my skyview system. The manual says to install brass hardware on the adahrs box installation. I could find brass screws on aircraftspruce but I have been looking like crazy for brass nuts and washers but can't find them. How did you guys install the adahrs box to the vans rv7 adahrs tray ? If somebody could provide me a link of some appropriate hardware or some numbers I would be very gratefull. thanks in advance, Jurgen
McMaster Carr is the place. https://www.mcmaster.com/ has lots of unique hardware and more.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I used high quality stainless that was not magnetic and have had no issues. If using brass, you don't need to worry about finding a screwdriver that is not magnetic. Brass is not ferrous.