ADAHRS on Network with "Y"connector

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I was doing some bench testing on my Skyview Classic. I notice if I put a "Y" connector between the screen and the ADAHRS, the light doesn't turn on and I get a X. If If I shut down the system and remove the "Y"connector on the network, the ADAHRS works fine.

What is going on here ? I have a lot of network devices all over the plane. The hub would require a lot more wire installed.

Thx,
Michael Z.

GlastarJohn

I was doing some bench testing on my Skyview Classic. I notice if I put a "Y" connector between the screen and the ADAHRS, the light doesn't turn on and I get a X. If If I shut down the system and remove the "Y"connector on the network, the ADAHRS works fine.

What is going on here ? I have a lot of network devices all over the plane. The hub would require a lot more wire installed.

Thx,
Michael Z.
I have used a Y connector in the network before. Home made. worked fine.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I checked 4 different "Y" connectors with the same result each time. With "Y" connector attached to screen and ADAHRS connected to one of the "Y" legs, no red light and X on the screen. Connect the ADAHRS to the screen, no X on the screen.

In addition, if I use the "Y" connector to the ADSB or other network device, everything is fine.

Thx,
Michael Z.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
It appears that if one trys to run 4 outputs from a single network Dsub errors occur (errors on pin pairs, or device not found). Does anyone else have 4 devices connected to a single network connector on the screen ? I'm trying to debug in the airplane now.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
Ok, I'm dumb. When making straight harnesses, I have the wires in the same position on the back of the dsub. I did the same on the Y connectors. This reverses the pins. I lined up the back wire position with the face of the 2 Y legs and everything is working. So I need to disassemble my Y connectors and repin.

Moral, don't create harnesses at home after a long day at work !