Adding 180 deg turn mode to expert mode

jc2da

Hi Dynon, I usually run AP in expert mode. However, I just read that Simplified mode has a 180 deg turn button, that expert mode lacks.

I think it would be great to have that in expert mode, too for holds. Right now to do a hold on AP, you must rotate the knob manually, every turn. It would also need to support right or left hand holds.

I think it would be a great additional feature. Shouldnt be too difficult since Simplified mode supports it already.

Cheers!

airguy

Hi Dynon, I usually run AP in expert mode. However, I just read that Simplified mode has a 180 deg turn button, that expert mode lacks.

I think it would be great to have that in expert mode, too for holds. Right now to do a hold on AP, you must rotate the knob manually, every turn. It would also need to support right or left hand holds.

I think it would be a great additional feature. Shouldnt be too difficult since Simplified mode supports it already.

Cheers!

I like the idea, but not the approach to the solution. I'm thinking more of a "HOLD" soft key under the autopilot (expert roll mode) with a separate drop down menu where you can select a particular point for the hold, select left or right turns, and an inbound heading and leg length.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I have requested the LEVEL button be added to expert mode also.  :-/

It's on the AP Button Panel, which you should have if using Expert mode. Otherwise, it can be added to the panel anywhere you'd like (see the install manual).