ADS-B Performance report

jethound

I just installed a SV250-2020 in conjunction with an already approved IFR ADS-B installation Utilizing a GTN 650

I did this incase there was a failure of the Garmin unit I would not have a back up. I realize that the dynon only would be a VFR backup but would still provide ADS-b out.

My question is when filling out the report for the Check is the Dynon GPS 2020
a 1090 system or does it also utilize a UAT?

I did the report for a flight today and selected 1090 it passed but Had one yellow item under NACv which was at 4.0 in all categories. which are Avg, Min, and Max.
Perhaps I put down the wrong infor for the report to be generated.

Thanks
Jack

jlakins

Jack
The SV250-2020 and the GTN 650 are position sources that send information to your transponder.
The transponder determines the frequency and Dynon's transponder is a 1090 unit.
The Dynon ADSB-470 only receives on 978 (UAT) and the Dynon ADSB-472 receives on 978 and 1090.

Jim

Raymo

I love aviation!
The 2020 antenna is just the position source. The Dynon transponder (261 / TT-22) transmits on 1090, so you selected the correct out frequency.

pbarnett

I love flying!
The PAPR monitor reported the NACv value at 4.0 for my test flight yesterday with 15.3 SV-Touch f/w and 2.11 xponder f/w.
Per pg. 9 of the PAPR User's Guide that describes readings and their interpretations, this should be equal to or less than 2.0 unless evaluated by the FAA.

I had the same value a week prior on 15.2 SV f/w and 2.08 xpndr f/w.

So has this setting been evaluated by the FAA or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Phil Barnett

jlakins

Phil
Just a Thought.
When testing the GPS-2020 did you change the transponder setting from Garmin ADS-B/ADS-B+ to
SV-GPS-2020?
Jim

pbarnett

I love flying!
Hi Jimmie,
No, setting prior to SV-GPS-2020 was SV-GPS-250 during construction and ground test then upgraded to SV-GPS-2020 when it was released and I installed it. The SV-GPS-250 configuration was was never flown.

I'm guessing the mis-reporting value for NACv may be a hold-over bug. Maybe it was evaluated by FAA and is truly reporting correctly, huh?

Phil

dedgemon

I pulled a report tonight and also have the NACv=4. Everything else looks good.

pbarnett

I love flying!
I emailed my original post to Dynon Support on March 5th and rec'd a reply from Don Jones at Dynon Technical Support (that the same day!) stating that yes, the NACv=4.0 value on the performance report is a known issue and should be fixed in the 15.4 s/w release. Wow, I have experienced nothing less than exemplary support from Dynon.