Ads-b weather and traffic still not displayed in foreflight. Also WiFi connection problems

Ccandrews

I love flying!
I have a dual display Dynon skyview classic both displays updated to the latest 15.4.7 version and latest foreflight.

ADS-B info displaying properly on the Dynon but still no traffic or weather information on Foreflight. Is there an additional setting in foreflight that I have missed? All alerts on, hide distant traffic off. WiFi link is good because I can send and receive flight plans and other ADS-B info, METARs, cloud tops, etc., is getting to foreflight.

Also, establishing the WiFi link has gotten much worse with this update. It used to be that a quick cycle of the WiFi enable on my iPad would fix the connection problem. (iPad connects to the skyview WiFi but can not pass flight plans.) Now with 15.4.7 I have to completely shut foreflight down wait a bit, and restart foreflight. May have to repeat once or twice but will eventually connect to send flight plan. But much more inconvenient than just turning WiFi off and on like before. If we are going to have a bug with the connection, the last bug was better than the current bug.

Thanks

Craig

Raymo

I love aviation!
You'll need to be sure the traffic and wx options are selected in FF. There was an improvement around connectivity with apps in this release, which I am happy to see. I have no issues with WiFi connectivity with this release so you're issues may be related to installation. Are you using the wifi adapter extenders?

Ccandrews

I love flying!
No need for extenders on the WiFi. As stated, once the system connects, signal strength is good and the rest of ADS-B data is available (tops, turbulence, lightning....) the only things missing are weather and traffic.

rvator51

Hi Craig, I have same system as you. However, I only get weather on FF, no traffic. Havent been able to figure it out. Maybe because I am using the Dynon 470 ADS-B-in instead of the newer 472? Seems it should work with either if traffic is displayed on the Dynon screens.

rfazio1951

rvator51,

Yes I thing you are correct, using the 470 I got no traffic. I recently upgraded to the 472 and TRAFFIC on foreflight. I was surprised. One thing I noticed also, i have mention this before. If I have foreflight running on the iPad and then start up the plane and avionics, I get a lousy signal and no transfer of flight plans to and from the skyview to foreflight. If I make sure foreflight is off, not running on the ipad and then start up the skyviews, and once up and running start up foreflight, I get a perfect signal everytime. Flight plan transfer works perfect and I get traffic and weather.

RF

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Due to different internal data architecture, the SV-ADSB-470 does not have the ability to send traffic to ForeFlight.

rfsolutions

I love flying!
I’m having connection issues also with SkyView classic and ForeFlight. It used to be stable before the latest update. Dynon was no help but ForeFlight is looking into it. Dynon suggested turning Bluetooth off, basically no help!
The reason I updated to the new software was for these two “fixes”.
Improved: ADS-B traffic and weather now properly transmits to Foreflight via wi-fi using the SV-ADSB-472.
Fixed: SkyView can now transition between different Wi-Fi- connected applications (such as ForeFlight and FlyQ) more reliably.
I’m not sure they made things better. Hopefully ForeFlight can put their finger on the problem.

Last edited: