ADSB 472 Traffic Not Showing or Erratic?

sunfish

I love flying!
Last week I flew in company with two other aircraft for two hours, both continuously within 4 miles of each of them and both were transmitting ADSB -Out on 1090 via sky echo units which I'm told have an 80 mile range in good circumstances.

The trouble is that neither of them appeared on my map or PFD screen - I have an ADSB 472. One of them briefly appeared during circuit maneuvering. I know this to be fact since the three of us were using OZrunways EFB on our ipads and we could all see each other via the Ozrunways cell phone "pseudo" ADSB feature and coordinate our flights.

I cannot find any settings page for the 472 nor information for trouble shooting and I am starting to get concerned about erratic unreliable behaviour because I know from this event and other Radio calls that I am missing traffic alerts.

I cant be sure if target filtering is an issue because I have no way of determining if filtering is taking place - you need to be able to switch it off to see all targets first in order to confirm operation then decide what to filter. Furthermore, I want to see a target when it is a long range prospective problem, not at half mile range when I have seconds to act and in any case constantly looking at the display ruins my instrument scan.

What am I doing wrong?

kurtfly

I love flying!
Looks like everyone using version 16.0.4 needs to push this patch. Seems like ever couple weeks a new symptom of this bad date issue shows up. Original post had issues with weather and traffic. I had issues with the user log files. Now what seems to be an another traffic drop outs.

Dynon, Is there any reason everyone should not install the Date Patch? what is the risk?

Kurt

sunfish

I love flying!
How do I load the patch?? Is it the ”load files” command or “update system software” command under the system software menu?

….and thank you for your help.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
No reason that everyone should not load the patch. It doesn't have the potential of breaking anything, so feel free to load it when updating to 16.0.4 After 12-9-2021 the issue goes away on it's own, but in the meantime.