huntaero
New Member
How do i get the Aeronautical maps to show on the Skyview classic screen
I have Airmate for my databaseWhich aeronautical maps are you looking for, the sectionals? The default map display is the Dynon created map with the information based on the NAV and OBS databases, these all are free. I you want to switch to sectionals, the low or high routes or the airport maps then you will have to get an external subscription to get access to these maps.
I think that this is because of NavCanada policies. NavCanada has a different set of policies which makes me glad we don't have that here in the US. Right now, Airmate doesn't have CAPe approach plates, I think because of NavCanada limitations. The paper plates are available, welcome to privatized ATC prices below. I'm not sure about VFR charts. I think when I first looked they were available for an extra price, but my trips to Canada then were limited, so I didn't look into it further.Looking at Airmate it looks like there is no VFR charts in Canada!!!
You do, it costs I think US$50. Can't wait for the Dynon IFR Cert.It appears you need a paid subscription for Airmate's Dynon Skyview Navigation databases: