alternator fault output displaying in skyview hdx

RV7Builder

Hi everybody, is it possible In The sky view hdx system to create a Flash light poppig up in the Display if the alternator fault Signal is getting active. Or is it even possible to create a warning messages if this fault is getting active?
I am not sure using an external warning lamp or the sky view system for that signal.

Last edited:

Raymo

I love aviation!
I suspect it will depend on the brand of alternator. My B&C alternator requires an incandescent bulb for proper functionality. If your alternator triggers a ground to be closed, you can wire it as a contact to the EMS.

RV7Builder

Hi, i think my alternator is doing the same like yours. isn´t this just a high signal (12 V) in case of fault ?
This should be readable from any of the EMS general purpose inputs ?

Raymo

I love aviation!
The light in my B&C system is from the regulator, not the alternator. If you have an internally regulated alternator that sends 12 volts (not likely), it would work on one of the type C inputs. If the alternator sends a ground (more likely), you can use A B or C type but there are many more type A inputs than B or C.

RV7Builder

Hi probably i did not describe my setup correct.
It is an Alternator with included 12 V Regulator. I think it is the AL12-EI60/C.
There is an Output for a Signal Lamp, when the regualtor is not working porperly.
I will connect that signal to the EMS Input of my Dynon system.

Thanks
David

skysailor

You really do not need to wire up your alternator light. Simply set the voltage and amperage ranges correctly on the respective widgets. If the alternator goes offline your Dynon will give a warning, flash the message and announce "Electrical Current" in your headset.

RV7Builder

OK, I See this should work. I did not think about that. Looking forward zu to test the hole System soon.
Thanks David

Swaflyer737

Need to revive this thread. I have 2 - B&C regulators (2x alt) both had individual warning lights configured as described above.

I want those lights in the Display, BUT I will not have an AMP readout in display, that is showing in my EDM 930. The way I am reading it is that I can run the regulator ground wire to the EMS to an A input (for example) and configure a display warning to come on when it grounds?

Understand I have not even cracked the book open to programming yet, just trying to get wires in right place now.

Thanks, Bryan