Audio Airspeed Callouts

vonbaron1

I love flying!
Can the Skyview to be configured to call out audio air speeds at certain air speeds as on final, over the fence and stall?  That way I don't have to take my eyes off of important things like flying....

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Right now the best way to accomplish this (if equipped) is the progressive AOA tones. There isn't a separate airspeed callout feature at the moment.

Aggie78

I love flying!
Right now the best way to accomplish this (if equipped) is the progressive AOA tones. There isn't a separate airspeed callout feature at the moment.

Dynon Support,

Can I ask how to make the progressive AOA tones better available on approach? Maybe I'm missing it, but I can only adjust the "beep range" from 50-100% in the settings.

Approach speed (Vref) is typically 1.3 x Vs or roughly 30% above stall speed. At typical RV-7 approach speeds (70-75 KIAS) I never hear the beeper go off until deep into the flare, at which point it's nearly useless.

Can we get a software update to be able to adjust the range be adjusted down to say 25-30%? If it could, I would set it up for a slow beep to start at Vref, which would allow me to drop the airspeed indicator completely out of the scan while on approach.

And while we're on this topic...The current AOA display is so small as to be worthless and at the final approach stage of the game isn't worth even looking for...which also begs the question, why not produce a heads-up indexer of AOA such as what Alpha Systems puts out using the already existing AOA data from the bus???

Google "alpha systems aoa eagle kit" to see what I'm talking about, as this forum won't allow me posting links.

Thanks,

Rob S.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I've been working to adjust mine as well but not much in the manuals that I could find around this topic.

johnsteichen

I have also asked somewhere for the AOA to be larger, or to increase in size when it is tapped on the touch screen. It can either toggle or go to smaller size after 90 seconds. It could alternately increase in size below a set airspeed. maybe 90 kts.