For which airplane?Does anyone know the status of the autopilot being certified?
The F model is VERY likely to be included with the J, because as you know, it is the same fuselage as the J, only the engine, cowling, windshield and fairings are a bit different. Ditto the K model. I would consider models of 1964 model year and older as unlikely, because they have different ailerons that require more force than the 1965 and newer models.When dealing with the FAA you can never make promises, but we can always hope. If the M20F does not get included then I guess we can talk about if you want to use my "F" for more STC testing. Thanks and looking forward to getting to fly behind that beautiful HDX screen.
If you have it installed make sure the HDX gets wired to it via serial on a switch so it can control the TT...here is a video about that too..Yep I actually having a hole cut in my new panel that will fit the TruTack - as a back up plan if Dynon drags these out or does not add support for may particular model aircraft (that would be real disappointing)
I've seen all your videos. They're great! I'm waiting for the A-36 STC and checking in here for anything new. I'm based at KWHP also. I'll stop and say hello next time I see you there.
For those not wanting to wait or if your model has not been announced on the road map, here is video I made about the Trutrak Autopilot. I hope to eventually install the Dynon AP if it gets approved for the PA32 but until that time, I would rather be with an AP than without...
Thanks for that info! Thats great to know. The STC's for the Dynon AP seem to be moving very slowly. I know it's a difficult and expensive process from what I hear. I wish the PA32 were even on their list. I fear it may never happen or its just going to be a looooooooooooong time.Not to put too fine a point on the obvious but, the servo mounting for TruTrak is (as far as I can tell) exactly the same as for the Dynon servos. Once you have a TruTrak installed under their STC, the conversion to a Dynon autopilot (once Dynon gets around to adding your aircraft to their AML as having the autopilot) should be a very quick conversion unless Dynon screws it up (like redesigning the mounts and rigging). I am loath suggest someone plagiarize another's design, but there does seem to be some precedent for that. Avidyne sells an autopilot controller that requires that the airplane already has an S-Tec 55 autopilot installed.
Sadly, it doesn't do me any good since my airplane isn't on TruTrak's AML either.
Thanks for that info! Thats great to know. The STC's for the Dynon AP seem to be moving very slowly. I know it's a difficult and expensive process from what I hear. I wish the PA32 were even on their list. I fear it may never happen or its just going to be a looooooooooooong time.![]()