Autopilot .... cat's out of the bag now

Brantel

Hey Dynon,

How about those promissed pics of the AP interface in action?  Or better yet a short video showing it in action up on the main site????

How close are we to seeing some install details in the manuals etc?

Any word yet on the cost of the installation kits?

With all the talk about trim sensing, are your units capable of feeding back torque? And if so, do you envision a future release that will annunciate trim required? (simple software compare if you have the torque feedback)

Thomas_Schaad

I do agree with those of you asking for an out of trim annunciation. I actually fly my Pulsar with a Trio EZ-3 having the automaitc trim option. As in my case trim force is provided trough springs, it is not satisfactory in all aspetcs, but as good a system can be if you trim with springs.

As not only the Pulsar but quite a number of homebuilts do not have aerodynamic trim, I guess it would be satisfactory for most of us, giving an out of trim annunciation. Offering the autotrim option as well would give the "deluxe-solution" for those of us, having aerodynamic trims on their birds.

So I think, an annunciation is a "should-be", an automatic trim a "could-be" that could be offered then as an option.

Kind regards

Thomas ;)

Brantel

Hey Dynon Support,

Here or somewhere else I saw a post that there would be more info on the website soon pertaining to the AP.... That was some time ago :-/

Give us more!
Give us more!
Give us more!

;)

Brantel

Now that I got your attention, how about some more tid bits for us in the waiting... :cool:

Hey Dynon Support,

Here or somewhere else I saw a post that there would be more info on the website soon pertaining to the AP.... That was some time ago  :-/

Give us more!
Give us more!
Give us more!

;)

Camps

Dear Sir

I already have a Dynon D100.

What do I need to put the Autopilot working on my plane beside the two SV32 servos ?

Does my actual 2007 D100 needs any update / retofit ?

:)Regards

Roberto Camps

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The servos plus a normal firmware update (that you do) that we'll release at the time of the autopilot release is all it takes. You an optionally add the AP74 for the dedicated controls, but it's not required.

Brantel

Hello, is this thing on . . . . Anyone here?

Now that I got your attention, how about some more tid bits for us in the waiting... :cool:

Hey Dynon Support,

Here or somewhere else I saw a post that there would be more info on the website soon pertaining to the AP.... That was some time ago  :-/

Give us more!
Give us more!
Give us more!

;)

Brantel

Are we all going to be this old before we get some additional info, screenshots, tidbits etc on the AP?

8_oldfart.jpg

Brantel

Dynon,

Glad to see that you heard the message on the trim sensing and also that you decided to add pre-select to the AP74!