Capacitance[ch8208]to[ch8208]Voltage Converter installation

Triumph1974

I am installing the Skyview and find that the Capacitance[ch8208]to[ch8208]Voltage Converter installation documentation is a little light in the Skyview PDF... especially as compaired to the FlightDEK-D180 instructions on page 9-35.

Where should we look for the skyview details as to which pin #s to tie into for the right and left tanks etc? I am building an RV7A.

If you are installing Dynon’s Capacitance[ch8208]to[ch8208]Voltage Converter (most commonly used with the
capacitive plates in some RVs), please read the Capacitance[ch8208]to[ch8208]Voltage Converter installation...(which is where for the skyview?)
instructions.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It looks like we are missing a Table in Section 12 of the SkyView Installation Guide. It should show something like this:

CONVERTER WIRE: Black
SV-EMS-220 D37 PINS: Any of 5,13,16,17 or 20
FUNCTION: Ground

CONVERTER WIRE: White
SV-EMS-220 D37 PINS: And one or two of 8,22, or 31
FUNCTION: Capacitive Converter Output 0-5 V (One or two.)

CONVERTER WIRE: Red
SV-EMS-220 D37 PIN: 15
FUNCTION: Power 12VDC from SkyView

You set which sender is left and which is right in the EMS Setup.

flaude

in the D180 installation guide the pin are 20 & 21. why did you change that in favor of 8,22 or 31?

thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We probably could have planned that a bit better, but it is the way it is at this point, unfortunately. If you're upgrading and have the capacitance probes hooked up to a D10/D100 series system, you'll need to do some pin rearranging.

flaude

Ok I will change that. This is clear that you have to modify the installation manual before too many mistakes

thanks for the fast reply

airguy

Dynon - I hate to revive an old thread like this, but the current 5.1 install documentation is still extremely sketchy in section 7 with regard to the pinout on your capacitance convertor. It references the convertor installation instructions which don't exist. Adding a little info here on your convertor pinout (red/black/white functions) would be helpful and save future builders a lot of searching.

Pilotkms

I love flying!
I have a problem with my Skyview in RV7A that may be related to the previous comments:
I am at the end with a DAR showing up in 2 days and i have no fuel gauge activity.
I put 21 gal and calibrated the left tank. No active display.
I put 4 gal in the right tank and selected full. No change.
On the display the 2 level indicators show pins 20 & 21 and "CFG", with the RED X.  but i am using pins 23 & 31.
Somewhere it told me these were the correct pins "now" .   Can i change the pins that the display is looking for the info?  I looked at the sensor mapping and it shows my pins connected to 23 & 31 and the calibration appeared to work.
Suggestions??

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It sounds like you may not have the pin layout setup correct for your installation, So first, you'll want to go to SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SENSOR INPUT MAPPING and deactivate the default pins (20/21) (set them to unused), and then set 23 and 31 to your fuel levels. Then, check the 20/50/100% layouts to see whether they need adjusting to account for the new pin layout (you may need to delete and re-add fuel level sensor widgets). Then, you'll likely need to do the actual calibrations. Were you seeing voltage changes when you were doing your fuel pours?

Pilotkms

I love flying!
Yes.  Exactly as u state, it was the SENSOR INPUT MAPPING.   The one avenue i didnt go down while searching for the fix.  I had my DAR inspection scheduled for the 24th so i called Dynon support.  Garret gave me the same info.  Did the changes so the gauges displayed properly and now have my Airworthiness Certificate.
GREAT support here and on the phone - THANX DYNON.

CaptainJS

I love flying!
I've read the following information:

It looks like we are missing a Table in Section 12 of the SkyView Installation Guide. It should show something like this:

Can you please confirm the following is correct:

I'll use PIN 15 (12V DC) to power the fuel flow transducer and provide voltage to the Van's fuel level capacitance plates, RED wires for both the LEFT and RIGHT wing tanks.

I'll use PIN 5 to provide a ground for the Van's fuel level capacitance plates, BLACK wires for both the LEFT and RIGHT wing tanks.

I'll use PIN 22[/color] for the LEFT tank fuel level, WHITE wire from the LEFT tank

I'll use PIN 31 for the RIGHT tank fuel level, WHITE wire from the RIGHT tank

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So you might have an older version of the SkyView Installation manual - the accessories are now in section 15. So make sure to grab the latest at http://docs.dynonavionics.com.

But yes, your wiring scheme looks correct.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I've read the following information:

Can you please confirm the following is correct:

I'll use PIN 15 (12V DC) to power the fuel flow transducer and provide voltage to the Van's fuel level capacitance plates, RED wires for both the LEFT and RIGHT wing tanks.

I'll use PIN 5 to provide a ground for the Van's fuel level capacitance plates, BLACK wires for both the LEFT and RIGHT wing tanks.

I'll use PIN 22[/color] for the LEFT tank fuel level, WHITE wire from the LEFT tank

I'll use PIN 31 for the RIGHT tank fuel level, WHITE wire from the RIGHT tank

Just to clarify, the wires will connect to the capacitance converter, not to the plates. :D

CaptainJS

I love flying!
Correctamundo !! I purchased a converter for each fuel tank.

Thanks for checking.

Jerry