Caution Backup Battery

jnmeade

My backup battery failed so I replaced it. I can't seem to get the display to cancel the Caution message. I've flown 6 hours since replacement. I read and believe I followed the manual.

Rhino

What do you mean by can't get it to take? What does your Battery Status icon show? Have you charged it at the required voltage, for the required time, since install?

airguy

Yes, please define "can't get it to take".

If the backup battery is not fully charged it will not allow you to start the test. The battery charges through SkyView, and needs full system voltage applied to the Skyview (greater than 12.25 volts) before the backup battery will begin to charge. You can either go fly it for an hour or so, or put a battery charger on the airplane and turn the panel on for a few hours, either should do the trick.

jnmeade

The solution was to turn Reversion Mode to No. After that, the backup battery test proceeded perfectly all the way through.
Before I installed 16.7.0, there was no problem with backup battery tests. After 16.7.0, the test would start and appear to run for a few minutes, then I'd get a blank screen with tiny "x" in it, followed by a system reboot.
Dynon suggested:
SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SCREEN LAYOUT SETUP > REVERSION MODE ENABLED, change this to NO if it is on YES.
This fix worked. Afterward, I turned the Reversion Mode back to Yes.
Dynon said I was not the only instance, but I don't know how widespread it is.