Complete System Failure In Flight

dnhill

Update:

We have had more than 100 downloads of v14.0.7.3621, and have not received any (new) reports of Screen Freezes and AP Disconnects / Brief Red Xs.

Our recommendations:
* If you have a version of v14.0.x.xxxx earlier than v14.0.7.3621 on your SkyView system, you SHOULD update to  v14.0.7.3621.
* If you have v13.0.3 on your SkyView system, then you should not update until we release v14.1.x.xxxx (or later).

We will likely release v14.1.x.xxxx (or later) within the next two weeks, which will include these, and other, improvements.

Trying to download the latest version and the page says "unavailable?"

dlloyd

v14.0.7.3621 Has been doing good for me. Dynon has reported 100+ downloads, has anyone had a problem with screen freeze, AP disconnects or brief red xs?
Any progress on the battery charging issue? Any progress on the GPS 2020 failing on the FAA compliance monitor?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Battery testing issues and the FAA report issues are both scheduled for a fix in v14.1, hopefully to be released soon (but no date certain yet).

v14.0.7.3621 Has been doing good for me.  Dynon has reported 100+ downloads, has anyone had a problem with screen freeze, AP disconnects or brief red xs?
Any progress on the battery charging issue?  Any progress on the GPS 2020 failing on the FAA compliance monitor?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We're excited to report that SkyView v14.1 is now available for download. It contains the fix for the issue that was the cause of the Technical Service Bulletin earlier this month (it also has other fixes that we found along the way). There is an updated Technical Service Bulletin that supersedes the previous one with the information about applying this fix.

The updated version is available on our download page here; The release notes of what changed are here.

We want to extend a special thanks and shout-out to all of you that downloaded the 14.0.X public test versions to help us drive this issue to root cause. Having any sort of a public beta or test version was new for us, and it worked out really well. All of the logs that you submitted helped us verify what was going on (which was, ultimately, a very subtle graphics drawing issue that was specific to certain hardware). Thank you from all of us!

DBRV10

We're excited to report that SkyView v14.1 is now available for download. It contains the fix for the issue that was the cause of the Technical Service Bulletin earlier this month (it also has other fixes that we found along the way). There is an updated Technical Service Bulletin that supersedes the previous one with the information about applying this fix.

The updated version is available on our download page here; The release notes of what changed are here.

We want to extend a special thanks and shout-out to all of you that downloaded the 14.0.X public test versions to help us drive this issue to root cause. Having any sort of a public beta or test version was new for us, and it worked out really well. All of the logs that you submitted helped us verify what was going on (which was, ultimately, a very subtle graphics drawing issue that was specific to certain hardware). Thank you from all of us!

As I said in a previous post on this topic, this is what sets Dynon apart from the rest.

Well done guys! :)

kurtfly

I love flying!
I had the A/P autonomously change from GPSS to Track on my SV touch with Garmin 430W driving the flight plan. I notice the magenta needle (HSI display) and data fields blanks out for a second or two and re-appears as if nothing happened. I have seen the HSI display disappear on occasion since I installed SV in 2014 but it never affected the A/P. On today's flight (6hrs flying time IFR) i saw about 3 drop-outs in quick succession then the A/P dropped out of GPSS mode into track mode. I am running 14.1 firmware. I thought this was not suppose to happen with version 14.1. This is the first time it ever autonomously changed the autopilot mode. But I do not use the A/P 100% of the time. I am worried that if this happens while on an approach and how to recover from this. Is this the bug? or is this a hardware problem? No indication of loss of ARINC 429 from any message either on the S/V or GNS430W.

DBRV10

How to recover……HAND FLY ;)

I have seen the HSI flicker also, not very often, maybe once or twice, and the AP stayed engaged. I have a GTN750.

I have wondered if it was a GPS thing.

swatson999

I'd expect the A/P to stay engaged, but to switch modes if the outage lasted for more than a very short period of time. But...you can't hand-fly a glideslope if you don't have a glideslope, e.g.

this sounds like it is more than a 430 (or 650) not sending the data out...this sounds like a problem with the ARINC box (we now have at least three reports of data from the Garmin via the ARINC dropping out).