D100 audio output

searey429

I am currently wiring my panel and saw that I have to run the audio out (green wire) into my intercom for AOA alerts. I bought a 10k variable resistor as per the manual to adjust the volume of the alarm. I have an XCOM 760. I assumed that  I had to wire the D100 audio output to the "music in" wiring on the XCOM so I connected it all up and the alarm worked fine when tested but the problem is that once the ipod is connected the alarm stops working... unlpug the ipod and it works again. In the XCOM FAQ it says......

Q: Can I hook up multiple inputs into the music circuit ??

A: Yes it is possible to hook up several inputs into the music circuit, but each device must be protected with a 4700 ohm resistor.

Does anyone think that this could be the problem I am experiencing? Where exactly do you put this resistor? Any advice woud be appreciated.

65xx

You might want to check if your music circuit has priorities in the system, comm first, intercom second, and music (AOA warning) third. Dan

PhantomPholly

For what it's worth, many folks with the EFIS but no HS-34 absolutely hate the warning alarms from the EFIS. If you hook it up, make sure you wire in an "off" switch.

IMHO, generally you KNOW when you are flying slow - and so will know to simply add the AOA indication into your cross check.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Also, note that there are relatively inexpensive products that are designed to combine multiple sources into one input. See http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/3rd_Party_Accessories_not_supplied_by_Dynon

searey429

Thanks for the input by all. I think I may have worked out the problem. When I asked the electronics guy for some 4700 ohm resistors he said no worries thats a 47k resistor. I bought some of these and installed them in line but got absloutely nothing. One of the owners on the Searey forum that I belong to said that a 4700ohm resistor is actually 4.7k NOT 47k. I am going to buy some 4.7k resistors today so will advise whether it worked or not.