D10A discontinued?

dominikos

Hmm, just noticed on experimental thread that D10A is discontinued and shows as such on aircraft spruce. What does it mean for certified installations and STC? is there a better replacement coming? That would be nice.

PYoder

The Dynon web site also says discontinued. Since the D10a is a required part of the certified Skyview STC, there must be a replacement coming.

Corefile

About time!! @Dynon what say you - are you about to drop the D10a replacement? Or is the STC going to be opened up for other backup EFIS ?

Corefile

Hmm, just noticed on experimental thread that D10A is discontinued and shows as such on aircraft spruce. What does it mean for certified installations and STC? is there a better replacement coming? That would be nice.
Where does it say discontinued on aircraft spruce - I just see that it says it’s out of stock - did not see it say anything about being discontinued.

dominikos

It showed discontinued yesterday (10/11), it shows out of stock today. It still shows discontinued on Dynon’s site.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So although they're obviously the same products underneath, there's a certified and non-certified version of every (cert eligible) product we sell. In order to support the fleet overall, we did discontinue the experimental version of the EFIS-D10A (essentially, the entire experimental D10/D100 series has wound down over the past couple of years). The certified version remains available. As for future stuff - as a general rule, we don't comment on future possible products until we have something that is ready to announce.

Corefile

So although they're obviously the same products underneath, there's a certified and non-certified version of every (cert eligible) product we sell. In order to support the fleet overall, we did discontinue the experimental version of the EFIS-D10A (essentially, the entire experimental D10/D100 series has wound down over the past couple of years). The certified version remains available. As for future stuff - as a general rule, we don't comment on future possible products until we have something that is ready to announce.
Well whatever the plan is, hopefully it includes opening up the STC to other vendors backup, but at a minimum if you are going to make a replacement - please just make it a drop in replacement for the D10A

Spunk

Would really love to know if there is a new certified model coming soon! Just about to order a whole Dynon panel upgrade!

DBRV10

The certified version remains available. As for future stuff - as a general rule, we don't comment on future possible products until we have something that is ready to announce.

And that there says everything you need to know. Plus they are not getting out of that product space ;-) I wish I knew more......I know enough to know there is more. I am impatient too.