Dimmer no working

flysgi

I love flying!
Skyview Touch: I bought the entire system through Vans with my RV-12 and it included a dimmer switch for the display. It has never worked. The wiring came already assembled, all I did is basically attach the rotating knob to the panel. I never thought that I would fly at night but I now find that I occasionally do....and the display is entirely too bright. The two wires exit a large bundle and are attached from the factory to the dimmer switch., which does nothing.

Rhino

To be clear, you have the SV-KNOB-DIMMER module, or just a standalone knob?

Rhino

And did you go into the menu and set the BRIGHTNESS SOURCE to EXTERNAL?

cbretana

.. The fact that you mention that "... the two wires ...", makes me suspect that this may be wired incorrectly. I mad ethe same mistake when I installed my own dimmer rheostat. It needs to have three wires attached to it. I f you only have two wires, one from a 12 volt power source and the other to pin 25 (violet wire) on Skyview Harness, then it si not wired properly. The Rheostat should have three pins, the one in the middle is normally the variable output. It goes to pin 25 on the harness. the other two pins should be one to aircraft power, and one to ground.

Rhino

He's talking about this thread: