Displaying 2 RPM gauges - AirCam Twin Engine

Rubi_Halberthal

I love flying!
Hello Dynon Gurus -
Completed the installation of the SkyView in my twin engine AirCam. I have problems with displaying 2 RPM (left and right engines) as well as the fuel flow for both engines. The display will show only ONE rpm and ONE fuel flow.
The EMS SETUP>SENSOR INPUT MAPPING is as follows:
Pin#= C37 P32/34 Function=RPM Sensor=RPM Name= Tach 1
Pin#= C37 P33/35 Function=RPM Sensor=RPM Name= Tach 2
The EMS SETUP>SCREEN LAYOUT EDITOR (100%,50%,20% pages - all the same problem) -
When pushing SENSOR button I get in the window of available SENSOR only 1 Tach and only one Fuel Flow. Can't get the two RPM sensors (left engine/Right engine) displayed. Only the right RPM and right Fuel Flow will show.

What am I doing wromg, and how should I fix it?

Thanks - Rubi Halberthal

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There's a bit of undocumented voodoo you have to do to get this to work right. Specifically, you have to tell SkyView to use each rpm input individually instead of choosing the "max" of the two that it can sense. You also want to tell it to not subtract your two fuel flow inputs, but, instead, to look at them separately. So, you want to load a config file that has the following two lines in it:

rpm_policy=SINGLE
ff_policy=SINGLE

vs the defaults of

rpm_policy=MAX
ff_policy=DIFF

I've attached such a file to this post. It changes only those settings.

(EDIT, 6/6/17, new file that puts the above in the EMS brackets)

Attachments

• dual_ff_sep_RPM.dfg
    54 bytes · Views: 146

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Oh, then, go back into your layout editor, and you should see the additional widgets available.

mmarien

Murray M.
A little off topic, but when I first started hand editing the settings (.dfg), loading a partial file didn't work. I noticed on a couple of posts that you use partial files. Has this changed or are there rules for loading partial files. For instance if I wanted to change just the %20 engine page could I use a partial file to completely replace just that portion of the settings?

Code:
      Layout_20={
            c37_p1={

settings ...

}
      }

Also, does the section have to be complete or can I change just one gauge in the 20% engine page?

Rubi_Halberthal

I love flying!
Thanks Dynon Guru - I shall try this patch and report when successfully achieved the two RPM widgets. Rubi

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
mmarien - you can import partial settings, but, you have to encapsulate it in all of the headings that apply to it. Note that Layouts are within the ems_display setting. So you need:

ems_display={
Layout_20={.....

etc....

}
}

Rubi_Halberthal

I love flying!
Hello Dynon Guru -

Thanks for your help - changed the rpm_policy and ff_policy to "single" and it worked! Hurra!

Rubi