Do I just need an OAT probe?

Pilot135pd

I love flying!
I purchased an RV-8 and it has a FlightDEK-D180 with Super Bright Screen purchased in 2008. I have updated the database to the latest since it still had all the original software.

It also has an EDC-D10a Remote Compass, Fuel Flow Transducer, Internal Lon Backup Battery, SV32 (one for pitch and one for roll), and the AP-74.

If I want it to display the winds aloft direction & speed, and true airspeed, do I just need the OAT probe and if so which model?

If I need anything else please advise. Thanks !

PS: Since I can't upgrade to a Skyview at this time, aside from adding AOA, is there anything else I could upgrade in this current setup to make is more complete?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Either this one or this one work with the D180. The former can connect through the EDC-D10A remote magnetometer or an EMS general input pin, while the latter can only connect through an EMS general input pin.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Sorry about that - you caught us while our forum-minders were away at SnF and Aero. Note that compatibility is covered in both the installation guide and on the ordering guide on our website.