Dynon/AFS Oshkosh 2015: SV-GPS-2020 and much more!

That's when I'll consider buying another GPS.

If you plan to update to 2020 compliance at some point, why not make use of it early? It's the same $ spent.
 
No compelling reason to buy now but plenty of reasons, both small and not-so-small, to delay. 

If I do buy, I'd rather pay with future dollars as opposed to present ones.  I'd like to let the early adopters discover and work out the bugs, both hardware and software.  There may be alternate low-cost solutions available sometime in the next four years.  Or I may even spring for an IFR navigator someday and not need the VFR GPS.

The state-of-the-art moves very quickly and the landscape could be very different in four years.
 
Apologies to all for missing our projected "Fall 2015" ship date for the SV-GPS-2020. As always with any Dynon Avionics product, we want to make it a really awesome product, and as sometimes happens, testing revealed a few things that were less than awesome and it took time (and a LOT of really good engineering, and resultant testing) to bring it up TO awesome. We expect to ship the SV-GPS-2020 "soon" (the assistant Forum Tender isn't authorized to state any dates), but the first batch will go to those that signed up to be notified on our SV-GPS-2020 Interest List.

Thanks to our SV-GPS-2020 beta testers!

It's EoY 2015.
Any update on GPS-2020 availability?
 
No worries and thank you for the update. I especially appreciate the willingness to allow some of your vendor partners to re-sell the unit (in my case, for certified). :)
 
Mike,
We don't currently have a need for additional beta testers on the 2020 GPS.
 
Back
Top