Dynon Classic not booting up

Big Flapper

I have a Dynon Classic that is 6+ years old, generally, it works great but occasionally when I power up the unit it does nothing. If nothing happens after 10 seconds I shut off the power and wait for a minute or two and reapply power. It will usually come on this time.

I have checked the voltage when the unit comes on and it is over 13 volts.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

HFMan

My left display does this every time. I have found all I have to do is press button #1 once immediately after powering up, it comes right up.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Displays should come up when external power comes on, but may not if ships power doesn't come on cleanly. We can certainly take a look at the display, of course. Another way to work around cycling power the whole airplane is to use the reset key combo, which is to press buttons 1/2/5 simultaneously. This causes a hardware reset, which usually boots the display.

HFMan

I would like to add that all I have to do (every time I power on the master) is press button #1 on my first display, and it boots cleanly. The 2nd display never has a problem booting. The other thing to note... I do NOT have this problem with Display #1 if the backup battery is not connected- both displays come up every time if the backup battery is disconnected from Display #1. I installed a brand new battery, and still have the same exact issue.
This has been reported in the past (not booting if backup battery is plugged in), with no solid response from Dynon. The new backup battery is fully charged, and tested for over 45 minutes in the last test (as did the perfectly good battery that I replaced). Swapping backup batteries made no difference.

I think that for whatever reason, display #1 seems to think it should be powered down whenever I turn on the master switch. It seems like a software problem to me. Again, all that is needed is to press only button #1 and it comes right up.

Raymo

I love aviation!
HFMan,

Try swapping screens and see if the problem moves with the screen. If it does, consider contacting support for next steps.

domtech

I have a Dynon Classic that is 6+ years old, generally, it works great but occasionally when I power up the unit it does nothing. If nothing happens after 10 seconds I shut off the power and wait for a minute or two and reapply power. It will usually come on this time.

I have checked the voltage when the unit comes on and it is over 13 volts.

Any suggestions???

Thanks
Hi, if present try to check the backup battery status or disconnect it and try to switch ON