Dynon Level Button vs Disconnect

TheFrisco

So I am confused about the Dynon Level button I just purchased, yes maybe I should have asked the question before buying I know :)

Is the level button also a disconnect or do I need 2 buttons for that? On my previous plane, I had a button that when I long pressed it, it would activate the AP, and short press would deactivate. Same with Level button?

Thanks Robert

Raymo

I love aviation!
Two different buttons. The level button will activate the AP (if not already) and level the wings. The disconnect button will disconnect on momentary press and active the AP if held for 3 seconds or more. The latter button is connected to the AP servos.

TheFrisco

Two different buttons. The level button will activate the AP (if not already) and level the wings. The disconnect button will disconnect on momentary press and active the AP if held for 3 seconds or more. The latter button is connected to the AP servos.
Hmmm, interesting ... So what do people do? Have both? Only have the latter?

Raymo

I love aviation!
I'm set up the same as Carl. Keep in mind that the AP Panel with Level button will only level the plane in Advanced mode. If using Simple mode, you need a separate button wired into the EFIS (which is what I think you are planning).

Rhino

It's always great to hear about all these neat features I have no room for on my panel. I wonder if I'd be the first person ever to put an overhead panel on a Zenith CH 750.