EGT out of range

Carpe diem

I have a D1000 on my Faeta NG with a 912 is Sport. From new i've had peaks on the EGT of the no. 4 to 1035° C, while the other EGTs were contained between 700 and 750.
Since last summer, these peaks have often manifested themselves, now at every flight, starting taxiing or at least between 2000 and 3000 RPM. At the 200 h maintenance, replacing the EGT4 sensor made the situation worse rather than solving it. Since this data comes from the EMS I do not think it can refer to a wiring with faulty cables. Can anyone help me? Could be a configuration problem?

Raymo

I love aviation!
Swap the probe with the #2 cylinder and see if the problem moves. If it does, it is a problem with the probe or wiring. If it remains in the #4 cylinder, borescope and other inspections are in order to determine the cause.

Carpe diem

Swap the probe with the #2 cylinder and see if the problem moves. If it does, it is a problem with the probe or wiring. If it remains in the #4 cylinder, borescope and other inspections are in order to determine the cause.
Many thanks, I'll do this immediately and report.

jakej

I find the problem is usually with the connector between the probe & EGT/CHT loom, try re crimping those connections with a double jawed crimper & also spraying the connections with contact cleaner (I've known of some people, including A&P's use the cheaper automotive crimpers).