EMS Fuel Flow Page options

F

Frank(Guest)

I note that Matronics sell a "return fuel controller" that takes the input from 2 floscan sensors and subtracts one reading from the other.

As the Matronics fuel meter also allows the connection of a single floscan sensor it is likely you could hook the output of the return controller in place of the single floscan as an input to the EMS d10, I.e hook the florward/return floscan elements to the return contoller and the output to the EMS

This is "just a thought" though so I'm sure its a case of proceed at your own risk

Frank

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Frank,
It does appear that the Matronics return fuel controller would allow the EMS to properly read systems with a return fuel line. Hook your outgoing and incoming fuel flow senders to it and the output from the RFC to the EMS.

http://www.matronics.com/fuelchec/RFC/index.htm

9qwerty

I have just purchased a D 10 EMS with the Flowscan 201 sender. In Uk the PFA calls for the addition of a sender in the fuel line to have an in built by pass in the event of the impeller siezing or a manual by pass valve.
What does the 201 have. Does it shut off or severly restrict flow if the immpellor siezes.
9qwert

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As we understand it, the Floscan 201B does not have a built-in "bypass" valve but does not necessarily need one. As related to us by Floscan, should the impeller be stopped completely fuel will still flow well. There may be some change in the pressure drop across the sender when the impeller is stopped, and it may be better or worse than during normal operation: Floscan does not specify the pressure drop across the sender when the impeller is stopped.

From a practical standpoint, you should probably be more concerned about blockages. Note that our instructions recommend the use of a fuel filter upstream of the fuel flow sender to prevent blockages cause by debris.

We are definitely not legal experts though, especially concerning the UK's PFA rules. We do not claim that the above information negates the need to have a bypass of some kind to satisfy the PFA.

Butt

Re: Rotax 914 fuel flow return line

Hi,
i have a rotax 914 engine installed in my bird. As you maybe aware the rotax 914 does have a return line to the gas tanks. Is it possible to have 2 fuel flow sensors that to acount for the unused gas that goes back to the gas tanks,inorder to give an accurate figure of whats been used and whats remaining?

regards.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The post that is 4 above yours tells you how to use an external unit in order to support a return fuel flow sensor ;)