EMS- lost signal on #1 EGT

pgtuck

Two year old fully functional Dynon complete panel system is RV6A. Last week #1 EGT stopped working. #1 EGT read out has a red X on it. Absolutely no data. The attached picture is from the EMS setup menu.
IMG_0032.jpg

Replaced #1 EGT with new sensor. No change!
Anyone have Thoughts on possible resolution? Thanks in advance!

Carl_Froehlich

Replace the spade connectors. This is the problem more often than a probe going bad. You can get them at Aircraft Spruce or Stein:

If memory serves, you want the 1/4” wide spade.

The wires are thin so I typically add a #22 wire along side the probe or EMS wire to fill in the connector.

Carl

pgtuck

Replace the spade connectors. This is the problem more often than a probe going bad. You can get them at Aircraft Spruce or Stein:

If memory serves, you want the 1/4” wide spade.

The wires are thin so I typically add a #22 wire along side the probe or EMS wire to fill in the connector.

Carl
Thanks for your reply. Already replaced connectors plus pulled wires from D-sub connector and, replace new D-sub pins. Open to any and all ideas!

Carpe diem

I had the same problem 2 years ago: I changed 2 sensors to no avail ...
I then solved only by changing all the engine wiring, 912 and Sport, as a badly tightened clamp had caused damage to the cable due to unwanted vibrations. The wiring was poorly installed by the manufacturer ...