enable a search functiion in the manuals

woodmanrog

I love flying!
It would be very helpful if there was a search function in the on-line manuals. Also, the new version 15 doesn't allow me to download changes to my computer. This would also be useful rather than having to view it on the internet.

Eric_Greenwell

I love soaring! Flying is good, too.
I do not see any online manuals, only PDF downloads.

http://dynonavionics.com/skyview-documentation.php

Perhaps your browser is automatically choosing to display the manual online, and you have to request it download the manual instead?

Raymo

I love aviation!
I use the search feature all the time but not in the online manual mode. I always download the document and open it locally in FoxIt or Adobe reader.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
They're PDFs - which is to say that the can be searched if the program you're using to read them has a seach capability. The Adobe Acrobat PDF reader is the "official" PDF reader - and it supports search, but there are many others. In the web browser, CTRL-F usually allows search, but again, it depends on what plug-in you're using to read PDFs.

preid

Did something change in the PDF format on v15 manuals? I used to be able to search a word and it highlighted just that word- I could save it (aka setup steps) and it would take, now I get square windows and no ability to copy. If I reference the online version with CTRL-F it works correctly but not if I download to my ipad nor computer. v14 and previous versions work fine

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 109

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Not intentionally, but we'll try to figure out how the generation of the PDFs changed.

swatson999

I think it's the PDF reader's fault. I have the same kind of stuff happen with other PDFs (and it is very annoying) when using just the PDF basic reader (I used to have the Professional version, but our IT goons forced us to remove it for security reasons...it didn't have that problem, AND I could cut/copy whatever text I wanted...no more :( ).

preid

Steve;
I agree but every version v14 and below works fine for me in Acrobat pro, and reader, including ibooks on IOS. But not with v15, in all cases its a bigger box. I did however remove Adobe Reader DC and used a very old version of Acrobat and that does allow me to copy and read correctly. So in the end its just a bigger box, and thats fine but there IS a difference in the new version- maybe a newer pdf creator perhaps? and it does cause an issue with Edge internet version and Reader DC.
Interestingly- I opened the exact (downloaded) file in chrome and it works great, so I'll use chrome and move on!
thats for the feedback!