Engine Monitor custom widgets

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I'm upgrading my airplane with a full Skyview Classic system, including engine monitor. My airplane has a canopy, landing brake and nose gear warning system. This system is notoriously unreliable and is based on grounding the micro-switches on the various systems.

I was thinking of using an ESP32 micro controler; similar to an arduino. In that way each system would have a seperate power and ground from the micro controler. The question is how to display the warnings from the various systems. Is it possible to create custom engine monitor widgets ? If a warning from the canopy returns a high, I would send it to the custom widget to display a red "Canopy Open" warning. The other systems would do the same.

Are there any instructions or white papers on how to create custome Engine Monitor Widgets ? I didn't see anthing about this in the installation instructions.

Thank you,

Michael Z.

skysailor

You can use a couple of things. There is already a canopy warning feature built in which allows you to set a threshold RPM before the audio "Check Canopy" annunciation. This allows me to see a red canopy condition during taxi with the canopy open without an audio alarm but increasing power to run up level or above will give the audio alarm. If you are OK with hollow circles, you can label them as you like. The alarm or safe condition (depending on how you set the parameters) will be a color you choose. The only one with a voice is the canopy since it was coded by Dynon. The others will generate EFIS warning as long as you set that. It is in the installation manual.

Last edited:

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
Thx, checking engine section again. It may be after the holidays before I can respond.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I downloaded a newer copy of the installation guide and there appears to be a section for configuring custom widgets. I'm distracted right now, think I hit a max number of splitters on a single network Dsub.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I recently added a custom widget for my new EarthX battery monitor. Search for "Contact" in the EMS section and it explains how to set it up. Have done the same for a smoke system to show when it is enabled.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I recently added a custom widget for my new EarthX battery monitor. Search for "Contact" in the EMS section and it explains how to set it up. Have done the same for a smoke system to show when it is enabled.
That's exactly what I need. Thanks !!