Entry of (unlisted) frequencies

skyboy999

I love flying!
Integration for pushing airport frequencies from SV to COM is great but would like a way to better enter 'non airport' frequencies (e.g. Safetycom) rather than spinning in the 'old fashioned way' every time.
I could see this being accomplished by:
1 ability to store (many COM radios offer MEM feature) some specific features and push these to COM; or
2 ability to 'key' frequency into SV and push.
My preference would be 1.
Thanks

skyboy999

I love flying!
Disappointed not to get any response. Is there already some facility to hold a non-airport frequency in SV and push to com?

Raymo

I love aviation!
I too am spoiled by the ability to select frequencies from a database using the NRST feature of the radio. I don't use the "send to" feature from the EFIS often, though.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Apologies for not responding. This isn't a SkyView capability at the moment, but we're always reading these forums for requested features. We generally don't make comments on implementation or timeframes unless we're really sure that it's going to happen.

CGameProgrammer

I love flying!
I use the old-fashioned spinner but FYI you can use the display to type in the frequency as well, just like how transponder codes are entered, if you want. But I think the spinner is actually easier. Anyway the panel where you type in the frequency seems like the logical place to add a list of recently-entered frequencies (manually entered only). Good for CTAF or flight-following frequencies.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Typing in frequencies is only supported on SkyView HDX. To do it, touch the COM radio bar in the upper right part of the screen and you'll get a resulting popup with a numerical keypad (among other controls)

skyboy999

I love flying!
With transition to 8.33 channel spacing, it now takes even more 'spinning' to set the required frequency so even more of an issue.
Is there any chance you could put this HDX functionality into Classic also?
Thanks

skyview_user

I love TopMeteo
With transition to 8.33 channel spacing, it now takes even more 'spinning' to set the required frequency so even more of an issue.
Is there any chance you could put this HDX functionality into Classic also?
Thanks
+1, but add. memory funct. for at least 5 frequ.